Position Title: Case Management Coordinator (National),
Department: Safe House & Case Management,
Supervisor: Associate Director-Safe House & Case Management,
Direct Reports: Child Protection & Case Management Officers,
- Provide leadership in planning, implementing, monitoring case management and child protection activities and policy development.
- Coordinate and oversee initiation of Best Interest Processes for individual cases through BIAs, BIDs, make arrangement for alternative care, family tracing/reunification, coordinating home visits as well as review and recommend case management services/ support.
- Supervise and provide technical support to the case management team in the implementation of child protection and case management activities including organizing monthly case committees and conferences.
- Coordinate the expansion of case management and child protection programming in close collaboration with the Associate Director-Safe House & Case Management, Director of Programs and the other team members.
- Receive and coordinate referrals, arrange action and review services for the persons of concern in line with the organization safe, shelter and girls empowerment policies and criteria.
- Oversee maintenance of accurate, confidential and up to date documentation on all areas in the organization programs by safeguarding their protection.
- Working directly with children and their families as may be required to develop, promote, strengthen and implement the individual child/family development plans that promote child welfare and protection from harm alleviating suffering.
- Support the care of children where their living arrangements are at risk of breaking down including conducting BIDs for separation and alternative care placement/ arrangement.
- Participate in the production and publication of child protection and case management information communication materials as well as updating the program team on the current trends in CP and case management.
- Report any child protection concerns to the Associate Director-Safe House & Case Management as well as recommending appropriate action on the matter.
- Any other lawful duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Degree in Social Sciences/Social Work or other related studies from a recognized institution and at least 5-7 years' work experience in implementing similar projects.
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Good planning and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex and diverse tasks.
- Ability to remain flexible in a dynamic environment and work well in a team.
- Good understanding of case management model.
- Commitment to RK's safeguarding and other policies on child protection.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good report writing and computer skills.
- Good command of English both oral and written.
Your application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title in the email subject by close of business October 9, 2020. It should include a cover letter & a detailed CV plus other relevant credentials.
Human Resources & Administration Manager
P.O. Box 63192-00619, Nairobi
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted