Centre for Health Solutions - Kenya (CHS) is a local, not-for-profit organisation. We understand the local context, make use of local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure we implement evidence-informed solutions and interventions to address existing and emerging public health concerns.
Reporting to the Strategic Information (SI) Lead, the Data Manager, will be responsible for collection and aggregation of datasets, data cleaning and data entry, tracking and managing the flow of facility-level/patient and other data to and from CHS-supported facilities. S/He will also ensure completeness, accuracy and consistency of the data so that it meets standards of quality expected for reporting. S/He will review and update data quality audit tools and develop and maintain dashboards for performance monitoring.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure appropriate data collection tools and systems are in place and are being used.
- Ensure a functional system for collection, analyzing and synthesis of program data.
- Provide oversight for successful data management including support for computer application/database development that will ensure management, organization, storage and easy access to information from CHS supported sites.
- Ensure data quality through data validation checks, including discrepancy/inconsistency checks, real-time data monitoring and data cleaning.
- Develop tools to facilitate routine data quality audits to minimize data errors across MOH and donor reporting platforms.
- Support the implementation, maintenance and reporting through all Electronic Medical Records Systems in CHS Supported sites (KenyaEMR, IQCare, eHTS, eVMMC, NDWH & ADT tool).
- Write EMR scripts to perform automated data accuracy checks and generate reports of any identified inconsistencies.
- Support extraction and aggregation of data from EMR for program progress monitoring and reporting through CRIS, 3PM, DATIM and MOH system (DHIS).
- Maintain the project’s management information system CRIS (CHS report information system) and other databases.
- Ensure effective utilization of project information systems.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting for daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly program monitoring data.
- Prepare reports, dashboards and other graphics summarizing program results in power BI, excel or any other platform.
- Build the capacity of data officers to comfortably handle various project data demands.
- Bachelors’ degree in Information technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health or its recognized equivalent.
- A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in data management of health projects.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, Dashboards, Power pivots, advanced excel formulas, conditional formatting).
- Strong proficiency in working with statistical packages such as Epi Info, STATA, SPSS etc.
- Ability to develop analytical codes in R.
- Proficiency in data real-time data collection applications including ODK and redcap.
- Demonstrable knowledge of data visualization and business intelligence software like ArcGIS, Tableau and Power BI.
- Working knowledge of PEPFAR, CDC and MOH reporting requirements.
- Sound understanding of HIV and AIDS and integrated TB, SGBV, VMMC and public health programming.
- Demonstrated ability to independently complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines and to work with minimum supervision