Job Tier Level:
The Stock Accountant is responsible forensuring accurate and efficient management of stocks in RD stores (with correct stock entries which are updated in a timely manner). He/she will ensure that stock control procedures are in place and adhered to in order to safe guard Company stocks.
- To manage all stock controllers across the regions
- To ensure Management appraisals are completed quarterly
- To take responsibility for personal and professional development.
- The Stock Accountant is the custodian of stock records/balances, responsible for physical verification, regular reconciliations and general monitoring of stock activity;
- Assist in developing and implementing inventory policies and procedures;
- Prepare and distribute daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc inventory levels and consumption reports to all the relevant stakeholders;
- Facilitate and participate in monthly and annual stock counts in the field;
- Perform monthly stock reconciliations of physical counts against OT for all regional distributors inventory and highlight variances to the operations department;
- Reconcile stock deliveries with purchase orders and actual invoices.
- Coordinate with warehouse team to implement and ensure a control system to reduce inventory obsolescence;
- Support accurate and timely reporting through ensuring all stock data is updated correctly;
- Carry out spot checks on stock balances in the Rd stores against the records capture any anomalies;
- Any other office duty as assigned by the line manager
- Manage, monitor, reconcile and account for stocks at RD premises
- Report on all stock movement and stock position daily, weekly and monthly
- To achieve product traceability from RD to RO, SEP and to end user
- Ensure Paygo stocks are not cannibalized while under care of Partners
- Degree inbusiness/finance related field
- Prior Supplier experience in inventory management
- Minimum experience of 2 years in warehouse environment
- Understanding of Warehouse processes and procedures
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Specific experience in stock accounting and management
- Good understanding of stock-related operational and control requirements;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Team player with good communication skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management
- Analytical mind with ability to make accurate mathematical computations.
Candidates who meet the requirements should submit their CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 17th September 2020, clearly indicating the position on the subject line.