Mid/Senior level (5/7 years)
Expected starting date:
On a needs basis
Nairobi, Westlands, Rhapta Rd, 5th Floor, New Rehema House
The project manager will be part of the operations team and will be responsible for leading projects and project implementation, including research, report writing, and other activities as required to meet the project requirements. The project manager takes ownership of all aspects of the project through 1. Planning and carrying out desk-based research 2. Ensuring project deliverables and deadlines are met 3. write various reports and communications
and 4. client management 5. training and delegating work to the project associates. You will work with various internal departments such as partnerships, communications, and business development and report to the program manager and finally the operations director.
Scope of work
Working under the direction of the Program Manager and Operations Director; Implementation of projects by:
- ensuring compliance with contracts
- ensuring adherence to the defined process, quality standards and deadlines
- Leading market research as required by the project in relation to healthcare in Africa; Working with the project team on project analysis as required by the project;
- Cultivating strong relationships with the operations team and clients;
- Creating presentations to synthesize technical information;
- Working closely with staff across departments on content curation when required;
- Developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation of projects;
- Review, write and finalize with drafting articles, meeting reports, deliverable reports,
- research drafts and other documents as required;
- Represent the company in a diverse range of environments to promote achievement, and
- influence thinking;
- Travel internationally and domestically occasionally as required by a project.
- Minimum university bachelor's degree, masters preferred
- At least 5 - 7 years' relevant work experience in qualitative research, report writing and
- analysis in relation to healthcare in Africa
- Expertise on issues related to international development and healthcare,
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite, especially MS Word, and proven ability to
- layout and format complex documents and writing correctly and concisely,
- Skills in content curation including developing and designing presentations in PowerPoint Ability to conduct the research efficiently to identify or check information
- English required, French preferred
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with various levels of clients, management, and staff with diplomacy
- Demonstrated good judgment and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and work proactively
- Ability to organize work and meet strict deadlines with attention to detail and quality Willingness to work on different projects and open to learning.
If you are interested, please submit:
- A 2-page CV (longer CV’s will not be considered)
- A written motivation, detailing why you are interested in this opportunity and why you are a good match for this position – max 500 words 3 references from previous employers
You can submit your application by sending the documents to email@example.com Please ensure the subject reads APPLICATION FOR Project Associate 001.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 15th September 2020