Designed, engineered, and built in Kenya, Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market. Versatile, rugged, and durable, it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road.
We are seeking to hire a R&D Workshop Supervisor interested in a truly unique entrepreneurial opportunity to create impact on a global scale as part of our Technical Team.
The Technical team ensures that Mobius Motors has selected and developed the optimum technological solution to maximise the value and benefit of our product offering to our customers. This encompasses the following areas:
- Innovation: Strategic selection and application of existing and new technology in a new manner to address challenging product development needs
- Design & Development: Utilisation of lean and agile design & development best practices to efficiently introduce new products & solutions quickly and robustly
- Capability: Development of the right technological knowhow both internally & externally (through partners) to allow pushing the boundary of capable product development goals
- Plan Project Work: Ensure R&D workshop project work is planned effectively to meet project timelines.
- Maintain up to Date Plans: Plan and ensure effective communication with team on changes
- Control Workshop Tools and Accessories Inventory: Ensure tools access control as well as keeping up to date with new technology tools that could be purchased by the company.
- Manage R&D Vehicle Service: Ensure that all vehicles are serviced in accordance with the company’s service standards.
- Proactive Issue Management: Ensure that pro-active planned maintenance is carried out on vehicles to prevent problems occurring.
- Maintain a Strong Health and Safety Culture: Instil a safety culture amongst the Workshop team with a good understanding of risk assessments.
- Maintain High Standard for Workshop: Ensure that the workshop housekeeping and operating practices are of a high standard and that special tools and equipment is well maintained.
- Organise Staff Training: organise training to improve technical knowledge and job performance of workshop staff.
- Control and Allocate the Flow of Work: Ensure work is planned through the workshop to make the best use of staff, equipment, and other resources.
- Delegate Daily Duties and Supervise: Ensure all work being carried out by the workshop staff is clear to the team daily.
- Maintain Regular Meetings: Lead regular meetings with workshop staff and if necessary, members of the Technical team, to discuss progress and setbacks within the workshop.
- Technical Expert Support: Act as technical expert, advising staff on tasks and sharing knowledge, for example through regular toolbox talks.
- Lead Timely Proto Builds: Ensure with workshop team timely completion of concept & prototype builds where possible.
- Manage Build Issues Capture: Ensure build issues are captured into the tracking system and followed up as required with engineers for eventual resolution.
- Ensure Vehicle Availability: Ensure vehicles are mechanically sound and available for test days and investor visits.
- Provide Test Support: Support when necessary in actual vehicle tests and evaluations.
- Accurate Documentation Management: Maintain accurate records & documentation or workshop tools, activities. Ensure easy to retrieve for reference when required.
- Accurate Job Activity Management: Ensure all required information on each job card for each job is properly maintained.
- Status Report Management: Generate ad-hoc reports as required by the Technical.
- Training Leadership: Proactively and intentionally improve engineering and team skills through books, training courses and other means.
Knowledge, skills and any other information required to be successful in this role.
Knowledge & Skills
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Diploma in automotive, mechanical or other from a recognised college
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in workshop operations or other similar roles
- Experience from the automotive industry
- Proficiency in computer packages e.g. Word, Excel
- Vehicle testing & evaluation experience would be added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong rapport with others
- Detail oriented and capable of delivering high quality outputs
- Ability to effectively communicate timelines and project progress with both internal and external management teams
- A start-up personality; entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, detail oriented, proactive, flexible, and resilient
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability in cross-functional and multi-cultural environment; able to define problems, collect relevant data, extract meaning, and draw valid conclusions
Interested candidates should send CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want.